Friday, July 30, 2010

BP12_Adventures with Flash, courtesy of Lynda.com


I plan on learning more about Flash.  This is important to me since the next class I am enrolled in is Digital Media & Education Applications, which is a Flash based class.  I know what Flash because I see it on web pages but that is as far as my knowledge goes.  Yesterday, I started going through the Flash CS4 tutorials on Lynda.com.   I also opened up the Flash application for the first time just to see what it looked like.  Some parts of it resemble Adobe Photoshop so it was not completely unfamiliar to me.  Before I officially started the tutorials I downloaded the exercise files.  These files are not required to follow along on the tutorial but I thought it may help to see this application in action.  It is a pretty large folder but the one thing that I can appreciate about these files is that there are files that will show the project in progress and a final project file too. 

Another feature that I enjoy is the “Play the whole chapter” option in the Lynda.com player.  Once you click this button you can watch the watch the whole chapter through.  Most of the time there are sub sections under each chapter and it is nice to watch a chapter straight through without having to click the next section.

Transcripts are also available in Lynda.com.  If you miss a part in the tutorial or if you need to read what the instructor is saying that option is very helpful.

I am so excited to get started on this Flash journey and I’ll be posting soon to update you all on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment